Do something unexpected this MOTHER’S DAY
When I was a kid, I thought my mother did not love me. I was convinced and I used to cry because of that. I felt unappreciated, because I thought I deserved more appreciation than my siblings since I was the epitome of efficiency. I got the best grades, I finished my homework before anyone else, I changed clothes on time, slept on time; I worked hard to be the best child and it infuriated me to see we all were treated equally.
Thank God I grew up. Those dark thoughts that covered my childhood once, are now something I can laugh over. And thank God I realized what a blessings mothers are!
“Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce
I actually do not have words to describe a mother’s love. It is the purest thing I have ever known, and ever will know. When my grandmother was on her death bed, I remember her calling her mother’s name in pain. I now see my mother crying for hers. A mother’s love is truly irreplaceable! And unfortunate are those who deprive themselves of the warmth of this pure unconditional love!
Do you feel like doing something special for your mother this Mother’s day? I have a few suggestions – do something unexpected!
1. Bake red velvet cupcakes ( I get all my recipes from JoyofBaking)
2. Breakfast in Bed (This I think is the sweetest thing one can do)
3. Write a poem for your Mom.
4. Book a spa day for yourself and your mom (Manicures and Padicures, massage and facials, just the two of you!)
5. Arrange a skype session with your Mom’s old friend or sister, anyone she hasn’t talked to in a while and misses them immensely (make sure you do not contact someone your mother would rather not talk to :p)
6. Make a picture video of all the lovely pictures you have of her (This is always a winner – might even bring out tears in her eyes)
I sometimes feel my mother does too much for me, and in my routine I forget to say thankyou, and make her realize how special she is. This Mother’s day I am going to do something unexpected for her, so why don’t you too seize the day and bring joy to your relationship.
Lets come back to this after this Sunday (13th), and see who did what!